Bank of America (BofA) is ranked in the top four (also known as the “Big Four”) financial institutions in the United States, among JP Morgan Chase, Wells Fargo, and Citigroup. In fact, it was the second-largest bank in the United States in 2022 with assets totaling over $2 trillion.
Like many of the most historic banks in America, BofA was founded in the early 1900s. Though banking has changed throughout the years as the economy grew, so too has Bank of America evolved to offer its customers the best in money management products, from checking and savings accounts to investments and loans.
If you’re curious about what hours Bank of America operates within, you’re not alone. Our guide below includes a list of the hours most banks observe (depending on your location), as well as what holidays to be aware of.
We’ll also give a brief overview of the many financial services BofA provides. Our look at the latest promotions can help you make the most of transitioning to Bank of America by creating a new account.
Are you ready to learn more about Bank of America hours and holidays? Let’s get started!
History of Bank of America
Among the largest banks in the U.S., Bank of America ranks as one of the best national banks as it serves over 67 million customers. The bank was founded in 1904 in San Francisco by Amadeo Peter Giannini as the Bank of Italy.
Less than three decades later, the new name “Bank of America” took hold and has been the official name ever since. When Amadeo Peter Giannini died in 1949, his bank had amassed over $6 billion in assets.
Bank of America continues to offer customers many of the same services A.P. Giannini offered his patrons back in the early days. Consumers can choose from traditional banking products such as checking and savings accounts as well as credit cards, loans, and investment services.
Bank of America Hours
Depending on the location, Bank of America is open five or six days a week. All BofA banks are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., but some banks are also open on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
If you’re not sure whether or not your nearest Bank of America location is open on Saturdays, you can use the branch locator to find out. Hours are typically listed but may change depending on the circumstances.
Looking for just an ATM? Bank of America ATMs are open 24/7 so you don’t have to worry about a financial curfew. There are over 16,000 Bank of America ATMs available across the nation.
Bank of America’s Holiday Schedule
Bank of America is closed on the following observed holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Indigenous People’s Day
- Christmas Day
BofA is open, potentially with shortened hours, on the following holidays:
- Valentine’s Day
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Good Friday
- Black Friday
- Christmas Eve
Use this information to help plan ahead for any financial errands you might need to run before the holiday rush. You can easily avoid longer wait times by just going into a BofA location a few days earlier.
Banking Outside of Bank of America’s Hours
Should you need banking services outside of regular operating hours, Bank of America also offers its website and mobile app. You can perform most functions on these online and mobile interfaces, such as:
- Transferring money
- Paying bills
- Viewing your account activity
- Sending or receiving money with Zelle
- Depositing checks
- Managing your Merrill investments
For those that need to manage their accounts by depositing or withdrawing money, ATM access is 24/7. You can also check your balance with BofA ATMs as well.
Contact Bank of America Customer Service
You can contact Bank of America’s customer service representatives Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) at 1-800-432-1000. This line is also available for calls between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET on Saturdays and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET on Sundays.
Here are additional numbers you can call for support:
- 1-800-933-6262 for technical support
- 1-800-732-9194 for credit card support, including lost or stolen cards
You can also contact BofA customer service through online chat via the website or by mail at:
Bank of America
PO Box 25118
Tampa, FL 33622-5118
Bank of America Services
Many consumers partner with Bank of America for auto and mortgage loans, IRAs, investments, savings accounts, financial advisors, and business loans. You can check out Bank of America overdraft fees as well to see how this bank compares.
Bank of America makes it simple with three checking accounts to choose from:
- Advantage SafeBalance: You’ll never pay an overdraft fee with this account, which comes with a $4.95 monthly fee that you can waive if you’re a student under 25 years of age. There is a $25 minimum opening deposit required for this checkless account, but you have a debit card you can use to make purchases as you like.
- Advantage Plus: This checking account requires a $100 opening deposit but you can waive the $12 monthly fee if you have a direct deposit that’s over $250 or maintain a minimum balance of $1,500 or more.
- Advantage Relationship: Upgrade to this account and you could earn up to 0.04% APY for your balance. Waive the $25 monthly fee if you have a combined balance of $10,000 or more among your accounts, but make sure to set aside $100 to open the account initially. Interest rates depend on which tier you qualify for with your balance.
With chances to waive the monthly fee for each of these accounts, it’s easy to see why so many people select Bank of America as their bank of choice.
The Bank of America Advantage Savings account has tiered interest rates and comes with an $8 monthly fee. However, you can waive that fee if you have a minimum daily balance of $500 or more, link your account to an Advantage Relationship Checking account, or become a Preferred Rewards member.
You’ll need $100 to immediately deposit into this account. Students and new accounts can waive the monthly fee for the first six months.
Sign up for the Preferred Rewards program for free and Bank of America will reward you for your loyalty. You’ll earn every time you “bank, borrow, and invest” with BofA.
Preferred Rewards membership grants you access to waived monthly fees, an APY boost on your BofA savings account, increased credit card rewards, and APR discounts, among many other perks. All you need to enroll is an established Bank of America checking account and a three-month average combined balance of $20,000 or more.
Tiers in the Preferred Rewards membership program include Gold, Platinum, Platinum Honors, and Diamond and are based on your account’s three-month average combined balance. Tiers begin with Gold at $20,000 and go up to Diamond with $1 million to $10 million in three-month average combined balances.
Bank of America has too many credit cards to list here without making you go cross-eyed. However, you can choose from several cards that offer cash-back rewards, travel rewards, or the chance to support your favorite charity.
You can also potentially qualify for secured credit cards with Bank of America. Should you choose to sign up as a Preferred Rewards member, Bank of America often rewards you with better benefits than those advertised, for several BofA products.
Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Bank of America offers certificates of deposit with a 0.03% APY. You’ll also need to meet the $1,000 minimum deposit requirements to qualify for this rate.
While Bank of America doesn’t offer the best 12-month CD rates in the nation, it does give you the chance to obtain a higher annual percentage yield (APY) with featured CDs. However, to access the best CD rates, you’ll need to have at least $10,000 to deposit.
Bank of America also charges an early-withdrawal fee. Fees are assessed based on the terms of the CD and how early you cash out.
Current Bank of America Promotions
Bank of America offers some of the best bank account bonuses, depending on which account you choose. Here are a few of the most rewarding Bank of America promotions you can take advantage of:
- Advantage Banking accounts: Earn $100 when you create a new Advantage Banking account by June 30, 2023, using the code “DNE100CIS” and receive a qualifying direct deposit of $1,000 or more within 90 days. SafeBalance, Plus, and Relationship accounts are eligible.
- Premium Rewards Credit Card: Spend $3,000 or more within 90 days of opening your credit card and earn up to $500. The card comes with a $95 annual fee but there’s no expiration date on this promotional offer.
- Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card: Get $200 when you spend $1,000 or more within the first 90 days of ownership. You can also earn up to 3% cash back on purchases made with your Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card.
- Travel Rewards Credit Card: You’ll get 25,000 points, or the equivalent of $250, when you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days after opening a Travel Rewards Credit Card.
- Merrill Edge Self-Directed Investment Account: You’ll receive a $600 welcome bonus when you create a new account and make a $200,000 deposit within 45 days. You’ll need to maintain that balance for at least 90 days after that to receive your bonus. If you can only make a deposit of $20,000 to $49,999, you’ll receive a $100 welcome bonus instead.
Enrolling in Preferred Rewards can increase your earnings on these promotions. For example, you may be able to earn up to $1,000 with your new Merrill Edge Self-Directed Investment Account if you deposit $200,000 or more within 45 days and keep it there for 90 days.
Bank of America may add to these promotions as time goes on. Check their website for current promotions you may not see here.
Is Bank of America open on Saturdays?
Some Bank of America locations are open on Saturdays. However, these locations tend to have limited hours on Saturdays and may close earlier than on weekdays.
On which holidays is Bank of America open?
Bank of America is open on Valentine’s Day, Black Friday, Halloween, St. Patrick’s Day, Good Friday, and Christmas Eve. These holidays may have shortened hours, depending on location.
How can I access my Bank of America bank account if the bank isn’t open?
You can access your Bank of America bank account via the website or mobile app if the bank isn’t open. Depending on what you’re looking to do, you may also be able to call customer service if it’s within their service hours as well.
How do I contact Bank of America customer service?
You can contact Bank of America customer service via phone at 1-800-432-1000. You can also chat with a representative on the website or send correspondence via mail.
Bank Better with Bank of America Hours
Knowing what time Bank of America opens and closes can help you plan out your financial moves. We hope this article has helped you to find out what hours your local Bank of America branch keeps as well as how you can reach a representative or your account outside of those hours.
Like most large banks, Bank of America follows standard calendar procedures, from holiday closures to opening for a short period on Saturdays. It’s nice to know that you can depend on your local Bank of America branch if you ever need in-person assistance.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this article on Bank of America hours and holidays. Look around at the many other helpful guides and reviews we’ve done on financial products that can help you achieve your goals.
Which article will you read next?